Current Topics in Anthropogeny Fall 2021
Please Note: Due to the SARS CoV-2 pandemic, this will be a virtual course conducted via Zoom.
Students participate in the CARTA symposium, Comparative Anthropogeny: Exploring the Human-Ape Paradox. Students are paired with a featured speaker to "shadow" throughout the duration of the symposium schedule, attend "preview" and "digest" meetings, and submit a written summary of their speaker's presentations and any relevant discussions.
- Students are introduced via e-mail prior to the symposium and encouraged to read about the speaker's research
- Preceding the symposium is a "preview" meeting in which two of the participating students chair the discussion
- Following the symposium is a "digest" meeting to discuss the presentations and the students’ experiences
- The written summary is to be vetted by the speaker prior to submission
- Students in the Specialization are required to participate in a minimum of 6 symposia